Hello, please select your language

Hello, please log in here

Not a member yet?
to discover our award-winning online English school.

Close

1-888-258-7088

Welcome to "Teacher Question and Answer"
Got a nagging question about the English language? Ask Larissa! Post your questions in the discussion section.
Language: English
Members: 6131
Officers: Larissa (Administrator)

Are you sure that you want to leave this group?

Are you sure that you want to delete the discussion thread Believe and Believe in?
By dshangc13 on 10/3/2015 8:11:55 PM
Believe and Believe in

Can someome help explain what the difference is between Believe and Believe in. Thank you.

By AABDULSATTAR on 10/11/2015 6:09:41 AM
RE: Believe and Believe in

When you believe in something, you take it for granted that it really exists. There are no two questions about it. For example: • Many people believe in ghosts. • I don't believe in angels. • Many children believe in Santa Claus. • I believe in God. In all the examples that we have talked about so far, one is quite sure that the thing being discussed exists.

Believe mean? When you believe something, you accept everything that someone says as being true or real. That is one of the meanings. For example, like an idiot I believed everything he said. • We believed everything the doctor told us. • Never believe anything that Venkat tells you. • I never believe anything that anybody tells me.

http://www.english-for-students.com/Believe-In.html

By dshangc13 on 12/31/2015 2:55:44 AM
RE: RE: Believe and Believe in
Thank you so much, Aabdulsattar, it's much clear now.
By AABDULSATTAR on 12/31/2015 11:39:31 PM
RE: RE: RE: Believe and Believe in
Welcome :).
By mgheno2 on 4/3/2016 9:19:12 AM
RE: RE: RE: RE: Believe and Believe in
I h***e never heard about Believe and Believe in..Thank you for explain . so, I believe in good hearts, in life, in miracles, in faith, in hope. I remembered now.. Joan Baez sings" I Believe in"..in her music."God is God".

Premium offer
One-on-one attention for faster resultsBecome fluent in English in no time with a dedicated Private teacher. Courses are 100% customized to meet your needs and help you reach your goals faster.
Related groups
Word Puzzles
Education & Study TipsImprove your English with word puzzles and post...
An English Word a Day for Chinese Speakers
Education & Study TipsLearn one new word a day with help from the news.
Business English for Advanced English Speakers
BusinessThis group is in English. Practice and share Bu...
Everyday English for Advanced English Speakers
LifestylePractice common topics you'll encounter on a da...